vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Design Tasks Proposal

From: Tim Terlegård
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Design Tasks Proposal
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 17:42:44 +0100

> We're starting to go around in circles, as I don't think some
> objectives are clearly understood, or some of the problems.
>
> Bill: How about we start two design discussions :-

You need to start learn counting, atleast to three  ;-)

I agree with you Chris, we need more structure in the discussions. I like
incremental developing, going step by step. When one have discussed and
agreed about something, then one puts that on the website (specification) and
moves on to the next question. Taking all the questions at once makes
progress harder I think. I've tried to get all the answers at once now, so I
guess I'm guilty to this mess  :-)

I think the tasks (1-3) you mentioned is a very good start. Should we go
incrementally, starting with 1 and end it before going to 2?

What I think is very important is to keep the website up to date. If we all
agree about something I think it should be written to the specification. That
would make ourselves aware of what we earlier decided and newcomers will have
an up to date view of the project. I also propose to divide the information a
bit more. There are a few main and important areas: 1) The goals/purpose of
VRS, 2) How p2p in VRS is working, 3) On which node/nodes data resides and on
which node/nodes the services are running, 4) Security, 5) Service discovery.
If these are split up on several pages it'd be much easier to find the
information.

When one knows what VRS should do, then one can start thinking about the
design.

-- Tim