vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Design Tasks Proposal

From: Open Source
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Design Tasks Proposal
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:20:18 -0800 (PST)

Hey Bill, i think your insight will be helpful

1) Suppose an LDS wishes to join a VRS, how does
 this connection take place?

Any ideas on this one

2) Whom does the LDS contact to get information on
 a  VRS closet to it?

Approaches:
a) A server maintained by the dotgnu project.Every VRS
cluster joins informs this server about the web
services it offers and other information. The LDS
looks up this server and joins a nearby cluster.

b) a specialized VRS cluster with only a single web
service, DNS to provide lookups. Each new LDS qeuries
one public LDS part of this cluster and joins a near
by cluster.

3) Clustering of LDS's into a VRS. Sizing and
 managment of nodes (this kind of spans (1) above...)

????