vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] IBM Token Ring Thingy...

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] IBM Token Ring Thingy...
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 13:28:22 +0100

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 00:03, address@hidden wrote:
> You wrote:
>   I hope the middleware does not become some unmanagable monster. I think
> we should split functionalities into modules such as security management,
> transaction management, cluster management, resource management, lock
> management etc.... and use the middleware to coordinate between these
> different modules.

And that's exactly what you do.
The middleware is just a message routing, transaction processing scaffold,
within which you build a modularised application.  It also provides some
support API hooks to expose knowledge of other domains etc to your
application (which is why the CM design and Goldwater Domains blur slightly).

I'm putting together a multipart document describing the steps to
enlightenment with regards to building an application within Goldwater.
It's very lightweight and straight-forward - a bedtime read!

Part 1 out soon.

Chris :o)

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.