vrs-development

Re: [DotGNU]Re: [Vrs-development] Re: SEE and Goldwater integration

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Re: [Vrs-development] Re: SEE and Goldwater integration
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 03:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

> > I guess that you will also be able to provide a sessio id and a way
> > coordinate many different callers together?
>
> Okay - these are new thoughts!
> Maybe helpful - can you elaborate pls?

Well, lets say that my user logs in and creates a session.
I give him a token and he comes back later with more information and
somehow references an older session. This behaviour will be needed for
stateless cgi applications.

Or if i send an email with the token and he responds from another
machine. I mean by callers, the same person, but different calling
instances.

> > If this is so, I would like to attempt to create a perl XS/Inline
> > wrapper around this module. Is there a simple api I can use?
> > 1. open session
> > 2. invoke module
> > 3. call function -- repeat
> > 4. close session
>
> Yes there is a simple API to do this, in C, Perl and C# (incomplete).
> Your steps translate to the following:
> 1. Join Goldwater Application (the messaging middleware)
> 2. Send request to the VM GWService
> 3. -- steps two and three are the same thing --
> 4. Detach from the Goldwater Application
>
> This is exactly how we get things like Apache, Jabber etc interfaced
> to the
> LDS/VRS code, they attach to the 'application' and send properly
> formatted
> data to the appropriate module for handling, all through a simple
> API.
>
> ... thats the plan ...
>
> Coming soon to a theater near you... pa-pa pa-pa pa-pa pa-pa papapa
> pa!

Cool, Please book me some seats!! I am in.

This will be great, the interface for the clients will be thread safe
and secure.

I want to get in on this, what can I download, where is the cvs, is
there an API?

I am excited!

Mike

=====