vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] where are we at?

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] where are we at?
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:24:08 -0800 (PST)

--- Eric Altendorf <address@hidden> wrote:

> Good question -- where are we at?  I want to write some code.  I have
> "DotGNU volunteer" on my resume right now to show that I haven't been
> doing nothing since I got laid off, but I'm going to feel awfully
> ashamed if I go in to an interview, they ask me about it, and I have
> to admit I've been working on the project for 9 months and haven't
> written a line of code. ;-)

Well, I have gotten blasted by rhys for having such a big mouth and not
contributing much. I did get some progress on a cygwin port, and did
some autoconf* to the phlib. To be honest, i am interested in the vrs
project and would like to get more involved, just am missing the time.

My porting of dia to windows via debian mingw32 is coming along, maybe
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/dia_win32.htm
that will help out the windows port, making it easier to port
applications to windows without having to run that stupid os.

Anyway, I am still interested in helping.I am just looking back into
debian sourceforge, that would be a great candidate for vrs, each
person  hosting a bit of a huge distributed network of projects...

anyway, nice dreams... wish I had more time!

later.

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont