vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] GDEE Message Buffer Implementation (Was Re: where

From: Eric Altendorf
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] GDEE Message Buffer Implementation (Was Re: where are we at?)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 10:06:17 -0800

On Tuesday 26 November 2002 09:43, Chris Smith wrote:
> We need a C# class object that implements a 'message buffer'.
> It has methods to add data chunks to the buffer and read data
> chunks from the buffer.  It needs to deal with multiple occurances,
> and removal of occurances.

Can do.  Nice, small, simple, manageable task.  I'll get started.

> Give it a go.  I'd exmaine the C code as pseudo code if I were you,
> to see how the message buffer is constructed.  Obviously a message
> buffer created with the C implementation should be readable and
> decodable by the C# implementation, and vice versa.  They must be
> functionally identical.

Of course...  Where can I find the C code?

> In reality, now that I've got a C implementation of the message
> buffer, I'm probably going to write modules A-D in C as they'll
> only work out to about 30-40 lines each and provide that code as a
> 'working' reference for each modules interface specification.
>
> We've all got something to 'see' and work from.

Fair enough.

> Easy Peasy. No managment functions, no admin, no security, nothing.
> Just a simple demo of data path.

Excellent ... go for it.  I'm all for having a C implementation if you
can whip it up quick. :-)

eric

--
"First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.
 Then they fight you.  And then you win."             -Gandhi