web-hurd

Re: Copyright considerations

From: Neal H Walfield
Subject: Re: Copyright considerations
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:26:51 -0500

> >  o  Why is this going on sourceforge and not on hurd.gnu.org?
>
> Ummm... good question, but one that is beyond me; Brent Fulgham was the
> one that said he needed some help with the sf.net page; as I see it this
> page is at the moment very similar to the hurd.gnu.org one, but I guess
> that the plans are to change it to something different (I know that
> Eduardo has some contents to add). Maybe the hurd.gnu.org page will be
> more 'official' and this one very changable and with many different
> topics (like status of ports, etc.)? I really am not sure, but the more
> pages there are the better anyway, as long as each one plays a role.

Jeff Bailey is trying to move hurddocs to gnu.org and he is having
trouble (in terms of time).  This has a lot of potential (you actually
have the desire and some time :).  I would like to see it go on gnu.org.

> Good question. I don't know. I'm not responsible for any of the links in
> there that function like the old one (that is to say I'm responsible
> only for broken links).
[snip]
> Sure, I can integrate just about anything ppl think is usefull. I just
> need to hear from Fulgham and Marcus beforehand, they are the
> hurd.sf.net project leaders.
[snip]
> Yes, I like this. This would make the navbar worth having. Now we only
> need contents for the links :)

I encourage you to consider being responsible for the pages.  I cannot
speak for either Brent or Marcus, however, I feel that Marcus would
happily hand off this duty.

Please fill it with novel content so that we have something worth looking
at in 2001 and not 1997.  If you create relevant work, it will be happily
accepted.

Thanks,
-Neal

--