web-hurd

Re: Copyright considerations

From: Frederico S. Muñoz
Subject: Re: Copyright considerations
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:01:30 +0000

Neal H Walfield wrote:

> > >  o  Why is this going on sourceforge and not on hurd.gnu.org?
> >
> > Ummm... good question, but one that is beyond me; Brent Fulgham was the
> > one that said he needed some help with the sf.net page; as I see it this
> > page is at the moment very similar to the hurd.gnu.org one, but I guess
> > that the plans are to change it to something different (I know that
> > Eduardo has some contents to add). Maybe the hurd.gnu.org page will be
> > more 'official' and this one very changable and with many different
> > topics (like status of ports, etc.)? I really am not sure, but the more
> > pages there are the better anyway, as long as each one plays a role.
>
> Jeff Bailey is trying to move hurddocs to gnu.org and he is having
> trouble (in terms of time).  This has a lot of potential (you actually
> have the desire and some time :).  I would like to see it go on gnu.org.

Well, as I said, I'm on the disposal of anyone that has something that
needs doing, supposing I can handle the job :)

[...]
> I encourage you to consider being responsible for the pages.  I cannot
> speak for either Brent or Marcus, however, I feel that Marcus would
> happily hand off this duty.

Well, Eduardo will on any rate be as responsible as me because he is
providing the contents; anyway I would really like to hear from both
Brent and Marcus first, I don't want to assume anything without hearing
what they have to say. Having said that I'm available to take any amount
of responsability that other ppl in the project (i.e. you guys that
actually code and maintain pages, etc) deem necessary (hell, is my duty
as a layman of the Church of Emacs, a chapter in the Greater Church of
Free Software (Orthodox Stallmanite)).

> Please fill it with novel content so that we have something worth looking
> at in 2001 and not 1997.  If you create relevant work, it will be happily
> accepted.

Ok, I will make a version with fresh contents, I just have to coordinate
with Eduardo; I will repost more news whenever I have it done (probably
in a few days).

yours,

fsm

--