web-hurd

Re: Hebrew patches...

From: the duke
Subject: Re: Hebrew patches...
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 12:28:12 -0500

UTF-8 is the current encoding we use in the GNU hebrew translation team, since
it has wider support than hebrew encodings, and it is the best to use on the
long term (since unicode has a big probability of becoming the leading encoding
system).

Basically, all of the documents should be UTF-8, if they are not it is my bad.

Let me know if you prefer me to use regular ISO-8859-8-I encoding, or if you
want me to send an updated patch with UTF-8 documents only.

or better. I attach a patch you can run _after_ the 16_5_2003.patch to turn all
the documents into UTF-8. if you really want, I can send a patch which will
prevent the need to run the 16_5_2003.patch
I  preferred to send a fixing patch since it can help even if you already ran
the 16_5_2003.patch

thanx for the quick response

salut!
    the duke