web-hurd

Re: Hebrew patches...

From: the duke
Subject: Re: Hebrew patches...
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:09:28 -0500

.

> UTF-8 is certainly desirable.  If UTF-8 support is mature enough on all
> systems that will be used to display hebrew web pages is a matter you can
> judge best by your experience with using hebrew web pages and by the
> feedback from the hebrew-browsing community.

seems to be mature enough. or at least as mature as the competing standards.
Only this one has the advantage of slowly becoming even more mature :)

> It's your decision, just as the actual content is your decision.  However,
> if there is not a real need to use two different encodings for two different
> files, it would be good to have all hebrew files in the same format.

Agreed. The two different encodings were my mistake. And as I noted on my
answer to Alfred, all documents were converted to UTF-8.

Thanx for noting it anyway.

salut!
   the duke