web-hurd

Re: coywolf's gnumach lxr

From: Coywolf Qi Hunt
Subject: Re: coywolf's gnumach lxr
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:57:26 +0800

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:04:11 +0100, Marcus Brinkmann
<address@hidden> wrote:
> At Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:17:43 +0800,
> Coywolf Qi Hunt <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:50:56 +0100, Marcus Brinkmann
> > <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > How is this different from
> > >
> > > http://www.htu.tugraz.at/~past/hurd/global/
> > >
> > > which already exists for a long time now?  Can you point out
> > > differences (in particular functional ones)?
> >
> > I knew gnu global and that link. But i am familiar with lxr. If something
> > goes wrong, i can fix the lxr perl script.
>
> That's fine, but what are the functional differences?  We can hardly
> advertise it on the web page as the "cross reference based on the
> cross reference generator which coywolf is familiar with".  Ie, if we
> offer two links to two different cross references, we should provide
> the visitor of the web page with enough information to make a sensible
> decision which one to pick.

The original reason for me to use lxr linux is that it's convenient to
browse multiple linux versions which is impossible with tools like
source navigator or.global. I have 29 different lxr linux versions on
my home desktop and it grows. However, hurd doesn't have so many
releases yet. And i may not add many versions in future due to the
limited disk space on sosdg.

Sorry for delayed reply.

--coywolf

--