wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] [advancefrom] tag patch

From: John McNabb
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] [advancefrom] tag patch
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:37:56 -0400 (EDT)

All,
        I have committed the [advancefrom] tag (patch#3625) with only minor
changes to bring it up-to-date.  This will allow user campaign developers to
add new units into the unit tree without needing to modify existing units by
having the new unit have a tag of the form:

        [advancefrom]
                unit=Necromancer
        [/advancefrom]
        [advancefrom]
                unit=White Mage
                experience=50
        [/advancefrom]

if the experience field is defined AND less then the current xp required to
advance the unit, the experience requirement is lowered.  This means if many
units have [advancefrom] tags with different experience values, the one with
the lowest value will be used.  Note that this should never be used in
main-line units and probably should be in an appropriate #ifdef CAMPAIGN type
clause (or whatever the proper WML for that sort of thing is) to prevent
pollution of the regular unit tree when not using that campaign.

Since I am still unable to access the forum, could someone post this?  Next
week I will be traveling, so it is possible that I will actually be able to
access the forum for the first time in a while, but I am not sure that I will
be able to.  I really need to harass my University about this routing issue :(

Enjoy,
John, aka Darth Fool

        "In theory, theory and practice are the same,
                but in practice they're different."
John W. C. McNabb