wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Restructuring the image dirs?

From: Jordà Polo
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Restructuring the image dirs?
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 01:53:01 +0200

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 10:15:24PM +0200, Yann Dirson wrote:
> I have not yet looked at specific cvs to svn converters.
> IIRC, someone (ettin ?  ott ?) had a try at converting the wesnoth history.
> Did this show any promises ?

Yes, I used cvs2svn, and it worked flawlessly. The only "problem" was
that it took ~4h to convert the repository, and it was very
resource-intensive. Here are the statistics:

 cvs2svn Statistics:
 ------------------
 Total CVS Files:              5463
 Total CVS Revisions:         41294
 Total Unique Tags:             119
 Total Unique Branches:           1
 CVS Repos Size in KB:       281782
 Total SVN Commits:            6552
 First Revision Date:    Mon Sep 15 13:52:41 2003
 Last Revision Date:     Sat Apr 16 10:03:46 2005

I would also vote for the migration, but... What about the server?
Does anyone else appart from berlios offer subversion?
Anyway, berlios seems to be a good option, and I think we could also
benefit from their website hosting.

PS. My dsl is down due to ISP problems, that is why I'm "away" these
days.