wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] changing some hotkeys

From: ott
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] changing some hotkeys
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 12:52:11 +0200

I would like to change two hotkeys.

The first is endturn: this is currently alt-e (opt-e), right next to alt-r
(opt-r) for recall.  Feature request 8450 deals with this, and proposes
a workaround involving adding a confirmation dialog, modified by some
people wanting an option to switch this confirmation on or off.  The KISS
solution would simply be to make the hotkey alt-space (opt-space).
I have been playing with this hotkey combination for several months (after
getting fed up with destroying too many perfectly good games by pressing
endturn instead of recall) and have yet to accidentally hit endturn.

The second is load: this is currently ctrl-l (cmd-l).  The usual "open
file" semantics that I think most players associate with load would be
better mapped to ctrl-o (cmd-o), which is much more common on Windows, and
which is the Human Interface Guidelines key for this action on Mac OS X.

I therefore propose changing endturn to alt-space, and load to ctrl-o
(cmd-o).  Any objections?

-- address@hidden