wesnoth-dev

[Wesnoth-dev] What to do with the Advanced Tab

From: Nils Kneuper
Subject: [Wesnoth-dev] What to do with the Advanced Tab
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 16:21:44 +0200

Hi Everyone!
Just came across the issue of the advanced tab. I think it does not
fit into the rest of the preferences. Is there really a need to have
it? If yes, do we need to have it this way? There already was a
discussion about this some time ago (end of May). I just wanted to
know if there has yet been a dissiccion about it. Majestyk had some
points in his mail:

>Enabling non-binary saves is in my opinion a feature which is not neeeded
>by normal users (...) I think having this configurable is a good thing, but via
>console would suffice. Besides, the advanced tab is the perfect place
>for developers to put all their stuff which didn't fit elsewhere, which
>is a bad habit. And, as a last point, it looks different than all other
>tabs, and it's user interface is not very intuitive, so _if_ we keep it,
>it should at least be adjusted to the other tabs.

I think the advanced tab is not the way it should be in a final 1.0
release. But changing to to something that would fit into 1.0 could
need string changes. Because we are close to a string freeze, a
dissicion about this should be made very very soon.
I would speak in favor of leaving it out of the game. What do you
think about this issue?
Greets,
Nils Kneuper aka Ivanovic