wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Fwd: Re: Update to BfW he.po files

From: ott
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] Fwd: Re: Update to BfW he.po files
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 14:56:46 +0200

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 10:14:51AM +0200, Isaac Clerencia wrote:
> One problem is that I cannot point people to a working version
> because without BiDi support all Hebrew is reversed.

Note 1) the freebidi support is off by default, 2) does not affect any
code unless it is switched on while configuring, 3) the Hebrew translation
with just a single translator has reached 17.89% in just two weeks,
ahead of Serbian, Bulgarian and Greek and roughly on a par with Chinese,
and 4) this patch would allow Hebrew and Arabic translations (and others).

As I understood it, the main reason for the feature freeze is to ensure no
new potentially undesirable interactions can occur to delay the release
of 1.0.  Since the patch is isolated and therefore should not delay 1.0,
I support adding it even before 1.0.  Further, I would be happy to commit
it and to remove it before 1.0 if it proves problematic.

Dave?

-- address@hidden