wesnoth-dev

Re: [Wesnoth-dev] unit sync

From: David White
Subject: Re: [Wesnoth-dev] unit sync
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:41:59 -0500

Likely if/when we want to add fields like this if we want backwards compatibility we can probably achieve it by choosing at that time to not include the fields as part of the hash. I don't think we have to do anything now to prepare for compatibility.

Also, it's only intended that versions of the form 1.0.x will be compatible with each other. Versions 1.x will certainly not be compatible as many new features will be added. The 1.0.x line will only have very small features added to it.

David

ihsan Haluk AKIN wrote:

I've written a code to keep the kill count of a unit. For a screenshot please
see http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6449&start=30 and look at KC.
I think I did everyting correct, since I've played games and campaigns without
problem. Than I've decided to update my 0.9.4 to get this feature on MP
server. Even, I've observed a game my game crashes, and I've hash warnings
before that crash.
It is clear that such a stats of a unit is not related with sync. If we want
to the 1.x series playable more with any x without some sync problem, we
should not put everything to hash. We should be able select the data to be
hashed so that we get more synchronized versions.

What u think?

Best Regards.

ihsan.