wp-mirror-list

Re: [Wp-mirror-list] [Savannah-users] Request IPv6 address for download.

From: wp mirror
Subject: Re: [Wp-mirror-list] [Savannah-users] Request IPv6 address for download.savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 15:52:14 -0500

Dear James,

Thank you for testing IPv6 on your end.

1) Domain names with AAAA records

Today I tested IPv6 connectivity to <www.fsf.org> and <www.gnu.org>
from my end, and I am happy to report that `traceroute6' now succeeds.
Your site is eleven (11) hops from mine. When I wrote my last e-mail,
traceroute6 would list the first 10 hops, then give `* * *' until the
30th hop, and finally give up.

Today I replicated your test with `curl -v6'. Browsing works. All is copacetic.

Thank you very much for fixing this.

2) Domains names without AAAA records

I would very much appreciate having AAAA records for the following
domain names:

<savannah.gnu.org>, <download.savannah.gnu.org>,
<savannah.nongnu.org>, and <download.savannah.nongnu.org>.

These are the FSF sites that I visit the most.

Sincerely Yours,
Kent