Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: XBoard stuff

From: A. Alper ATICI
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: XBoard stuff
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 01:50:52 +0200

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 09:27:46AM -0800, Tim Mann wrote:
[...]
> > So, in which release (and when) is i18n planned to be included?
>
> There is no answer to this question as stated.  There are no preplanned
> release dates.  See http://www.tim-mann.org/xboard/FAQ.html#[A.6]

Yes, I'm aware of that entry in FAQ, but since the project has recently
been exposed to more systematic contributions from outside world via
Savannah and there are at least 2 active persons on i18n, I thought some
dates/milestones could be figured as the patches appear.

> Generally, though, I think we'll do a release when enough new things are
> done and sufficiently stable that it makes sense to do one, and when
> someone has time to put the release together.

I'd like to know if there's anything unstable in my XBoard i18n patch.
I also can build a Fedora rpm for XBoard-4.2.7 with the patch applied
if it helps to expose it to a wider audience.

> When i18n gets finished for both xboard and WinBoard with at least one
> translation that's complete enough to be useful, that would be a
> sensible time to do a release.

I believe we'll receive a good work for WinBoard soon (at least, I'm not
informed to think otherwise from the posts). I can also provide a
Turkish translation this weekend to satisfy your request.

best regards,

--
A. Alper ATICI
PGP keys @ http://web.ttnet.net.tr/alperatici/anahtar.asc