Re: [XBoard-devel] WinBoard installer

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] WinBoard installer
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 13:45:49 +0200

It is possible to work in 95 while having the code present.  To do that you have to not link with the function at all, and instead use the GetProcAddress() method of invoking it.  That's probably a better solution than my polyglot tree uses, which conditionally excludes that code-- at least if you don't mind having windows specific code in there.

Let me get this straight. To use this method I would do something like:

typedef int (__cdecl *MYPROC)(HANDLE, int);

MYPROC affinity;

affinity = (MYPROC *) GetProcAddress(hKernel, "SetProcessAffinityMask");
if(affinity != NULL) (*affinity)(child, afin);

Should I get the handle for kernel32.dll through LoadLibrary (and if so, is there a fixed path name where
I can find it), or is this library loaded always, and is there some standard variable for its handle that
I can draw on?

H.G.