Re: [XBoard-devel] C89/C99/ANSI compliance - cleanups needed?

From: H.G. Muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] C89/C99/ANSI compliance - cleanups needed?
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 22:32:52 +0100

The only solution I can see is that you would do what you thinks needs to be done in small chunck, so that after each one I can test of the code still builds for WinBoard.

But it should not be that difficult for you to test if WinBoard would still compile, (as opposed to link). If you can compile *.c in the winboard directory with "gcc -c" and the *.c files in the base directory with "gcc -c -DWIN32", and don't move any code from the shared backend files to the XBoard front-end (e.g. from engineoutput.c to nengineoutput.c) it should be more or less OK. The only problem could be a few Windows-specific headers, like windows.h, but I am sure we could sent these to you (e.g. from Cygwin, which I use to build WinBoard) so that you can put them on your
system together with the other includes.

H.G.