[XBoard-devel] Fwd: 4.9.0 what's new

From: Joshua Pettus
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Fwd: 4.9.0 what's new
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 12:38:11 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Joshua Pettus <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.9.0 what's new
Date: March 31, 2016 at 12:36:48 PM EDT
To: "H.G. Muller" <address@hidden>

            label = gtk_label_new(_(option[i].name));

to feed the string to gettext() and retrieve the translation. That would take care of string, file and path options; for buttons, checkboxes and functionless labels there are similar references to option[i].name that should also be enclosed with _(). Basically everywhere, except when used for the help clicks (as the manuals are not translated, and getting English help seems preferable over getting no help at all).

A I see,  I was wondering about the N_.  Well good thing we got the the bottom of it! I always assumed that those weren’t translated, until I noticed they were all strings in dialog.c which seemed odd.
I take it you use XBoard in English :)

I will fix this. Still thinking about the Fonts dialog...

How about a text entry followed on the same row by +, -, B and I buttons for increasing/decreasing point size and switching on/off bold or italic in the font name in the text entry? And then one for each window type? A bit similar to the color pickers in the board dialog. And perhaps some global text to point out that the generic typeFace names are Sans, Serif and Monospace. It would of course be a nice touch if the setting was actually applied to font name, so the user can see how it looks.

That sounds good to me! Btw I did find this refrence if you need it for the various keywords to control fonts.  There arn’t a lot and many of them such as stretch styles probably aren’t needed

Josh