[XBoard-devel] Code formatting

From: Roland Illig
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Code formatting
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 22:20:36 +0200

Hi,

as a translator, I sometimes have to look at the source code to get some
additional information about the messages to be translated. When I
looked at xoption.c, it seemed like a total mess to me.

- sometimes there is space after "if", sometimes not

- sometimes there is space inside parentheses ( like this ), sometimes
not (like this)

- sometimes, the "then" clause of an "if" statement is indented,
sometimes not

- some other times, the "then" clause is in the same line as the "if"

- indentation varies between 2 and 4 spaces, or tabs mixed with spaces

Would it be possible to run an indenter (like GNU indent) on the code,
so that it becomes more readable and consistent?

While there, I noticed this code:

    strcmp(option[i].name, "*")

Would that still work if I were to translate the "*" to something
different than "*"?

Thanks,
Roland