Re: [XBoard-devel] Code formatting

From: Roland Illig
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Code formatting
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 00:17:07 +0200

Am 07.04.2016 um 00:40 schrieb Thomas Adam:
> That said, I started this a while back:
>
> https://github.com/ThomasAdam/xboard/commits/ta/tidy-prototypes

Wow, that's already lots of work, and it has to be done manually probably.

I think indenting can be done more automatically, if you trust the
indenter and are willing to lose the possibility of "git annotate" once.
Besides GNU Indent, there is also Crustify, which allows you to reformat
just certain parts of the code and leave others as-is. So this may be a
better path for slow and careful migration. To configure all of its
options, you can use UniversalIndentGUI. I've done that do another code
base (lavabit/libdime), and it worked really well.

Roland