Re: [XForms] Is there some way of putting a semi transparent box on an x

From: Bill Unruh
Subject: Re: [XForms] Is there some way of putting a semi transparent box on an xyplot?
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 11:24:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 1 May 2013, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 09:23:42AM -0700, Bill Unruh wrote:
Sorry, I mispoke. In the Overlay positioner the xor does behave as expected.
(a red position on black gives red, and on white gives cyan.

What I really referred to was that when I did "fl_drawmode(GXxor)" of blue
over black, I got black, not blue.
(I did
fl_drawmode(GXxor);
fl_plotxy_overlay(ui->Plotxy,x,y,n,FL_BLUE);
fl_drawmode(GXcopy);
where x,y were the same as previously plotted in black.

and the resultant color was black.

Mmm, the fl_drawmode() function is obviously not supposed to
be used for messing around with how the built-in widgets are
drawn. The results probably are going to be surprising most
of the time;-) It's purpose is that you can control how things
are drawn when you draw to a canvas or when drawing a custom
widget. And once you're done with that you should always set
it back to the original state...

GXcopy is supposed to be the default mode. Of course I am not sure now if
"default" is identical to "original". Will test it. Thanks

                        Best regards, Jens

UBC, Vancouver,BC  |   Program in Cosmology |     address@hidden