Re: [XForms] FDesign & working directories

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] FDesign & working directories
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 23:07:55 +0200

Hi Donato,

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 02:27:45PM +0000, Donato Lorenzo López wrote:
> I recently installed XForms 1.0.94pre17 in our HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64.
>
> Everything is working fine, even some problems we had in previous versions

Good to know;-)

> We've just found an issue with FDESIGN... let's see if u can help me out!
>
> If we call it like "fdesign source_name.fd" (having source_name.fd in local
> directory), we make some changes in the form, then save it, then we see it
> updated in local directory (.c, .h and .bak files too). That's OK.
>
> But if we call just "fdesign" and open the .fd source from inside the
> application, then change it, then save it... it will save the .fd (.c, .h
> and .bak files too) in the parent directory (..). Why?

> Does it depend on some kind of configuration I'm missing?
>
> I could check on fdesign source files and try to find a solution by my
> own... but I'd appreciate a little help telling me where I'd better start
> looking into :)

The whole thing (which hadn't noticed) looks like an obvious
bug. I'll put it on my (fast growin:-( todo-list of things to
fix in fdesign. Of course, if you come up with a fix it will
be gratefully accepted;-) The actual writing to a file should
start to happen in the save_forms() function in fd_forms.c.
In the case you describe and as far as I can see it should
be called with the full path of the file that was loaded,
but that doesn't seem to be the case according to your ob-
servation. On the other hand I can't reproduce your bug
at the moment - I get a different bug where nothing gets
written out at all (or to some place I haven't found yet:-(
So there's quite something to investigate...

                           Best regards, Jens