[XForms] FDesign & working directories

From: Donato Lorenzo López
Subject: [XForms] FDesign & working directories
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 14:27:45 +0000

Hi people,

I recently installed XForms 1.0.94pre17 in our HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64.

Everything is working fine, even some problems we had in previous versions (thanks!).

We've just found an issue with FDESIGN... let's see if u can help me out!

If we call it like "fdesign source_name.fd" (having source_name.fd in local directory), we make some changes in the form, then save it, then we see it updated in local directory (.c, .h and .bak files too). That's OK.

But if we call just "fdesign" and open the .fd source from inside the application, then change it, then save it... it will save the .fd (.c, .h and .bak files too) in the parent directory (..).  Why?

Does it depend on some kind of configuration I'm missing?

I could check on fdesign source files and try to find a solution by my own... but I'd appreciate a little help telling me where I'd better start looking into :)

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Donato
http://tiralledoaire.blogaliza.org/