Re: [XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.94pre30

From: Michal Szymanski
Subject: Re: [XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.94pre30
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 15:46:14 +0100

Hi Jens,

This is rather minor problem and unlikely to be noticed by most of
users, unless working in heavily networked environment as I do.

'make install', normally run as root, apparently requires write
priviledges not only on destination directories (/usr/local/... by
default) but also in the source/build tree, where the 'make' is
usually done by ordinary user. If the latter is on a NFS-mounted
directory, it is quite probable that the local root has no write
access to it.

See attached make_install.log (from make -k install) - there are two
errors trying to rename `libflimage.so.2.1.1' to `libflimage.so.2.1.1U'
and `libformsGL.so.2.1.1' to `libformsGL.so.2.1.1U'
Both follow relinking libflimage.la and libformsGL.la which might not
be neccessary (maybe a leftover of 're-making' some of the stuff at
install stage which you mentioned in the previous email)

regards, Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw dot edu dot pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND