Re: [XForms] XForms failure after upgrading to Fedora 19

From: David Scriven
Subject: Re: [XForms] XForms failure after upgrading to Fedora 19
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 15:10:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jens,

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 @ 13:49:27 +0100 address@hidden wrote:

>May I ask if it would be possible to give me a temporary >account I can log into with ssh on a machine exhibiting >the problem? Since none of my attempts to reproduce it were >successful I have no better idea for how to proceed. Other- >wise any further observations about possible differences >between the accounts could be helpful. For example: do >they use a different window manager from the one you're >using?
Brilliant! (or I was being very stupid) They were using the GNOME
window manager while I was using the KDE manager. When I switched
them to the KDE manager XFORMS behaved as it should.

That, of course, does not explain why the GNOME manager exhibited
such strange behaviour - and it may apply to an upgraded GNOME, not
a freshly installed one - perhaps you could check?

I don't think there's any need for you to give a temporary account at
this stage unless you are unable to reproduce the problem with a
freshly installed GNOME.

David