xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] Log as diary

From: Martin Ewing AA6E
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] Log as diary
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 10:28:42 -0500

Joop Stakenborg wrote:
I guess I'm suggesting you don't have to worry about fancy printing --
it's an impossible problem, and it depends on one's taste, anyway.  I
can write my own report generators.  It would be handy to have a
built-in CSV export function for that purpose.

When exporting the log, you can choose TSV (Tab Separated Value). This
can be read by all of the available spreadsheets. Make sure you select
the correct columns to export in the Settings->Dialogs and
Windows->Export page.

You are too kind.  The normal response would be: RTFM!  TSV is what I wanted, thanks.

TSV with a little spreadsheet work makes a nice printed log.  It also provides an environment for do-it-yourself analysis, searching, etc.

Someone *could* develop a logging system around OO.org.  That would be interesting. Not what you call light-weight, but it would be portable.

73
Martin