yafray-devel

Re: [Yafray-devel] CVS connection timed out

From: Gustavo Pichorim Boiko
Subject: Re: [Yafray-devel] CVS connection timed out
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:33:34 -0300

Hi

Em Tuesday 02 October 2007 11:23:08 Kenneth Venken escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> Let me start by introducing myself. I'm Kenneth Venken a Computer
> Science student from Belgium. (University of Hasselt) I've been willing
> to join an opensource project for some time now. I'm interested in Ray
> Tracing and I would like to contribute to this project. Perhaps add a
> feature and write a Master Thesis about it. (or something like that)

I am doing a master course on computer graphics, and I'm also planning to work
on yafray for my dissertation.

I was at first going to use the yaf(a)ray rework as a start point, but I've
got no answer from the author of that rework, and I saw many messed up code
on that (like including likes using MS-dos line ending and so on), and then I
decided to work on the traditional yafray.

> Anyway, first things first, getting the source and compiling it.
> This is how far i get:
>
> cvs -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/yafray login
>
> Logging in to :pserver:address@hidden:2401/cvsroot/yafray
> CVS password:
>
> cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.blender.org(194.109.217.141):2401
> failed: Connection timed out
>
> Is the server down/busy? Or am i doing something wrong.

It seems blender does not have a cvs server anymore, but yafray was imported
into blender SVN server:
   svn co https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/yafray/trunk yafray

I haven't yet started to work on yafray, but I'm planning to, and maybe we can
join efforts on understanding it and adding new features.

Cheers
--
Gustavo Pichorim Boiko