yafray-devel

Re: [Yafray-devel] CVS connection timed out

From: Alfredo de Greef
Subject: Re: [Yafray-devel] CVS connection timed out
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 08:09:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

so the mailing list still works I see ;)
It isn't really used anymore. Maybe Lynx is currently
too busy, he is a student himself as far as I know.

I'd still advise you both to work on yaf(a)ray, if for
some reason you don't like that code, then I really
can't imagine you liking the original yafray code,
which is even messier and more convoluted in places.
Some of the code was done by someone who has obviously
no clue what he was doing. ;)
Besides that, you might do work on some area of yafray
that already was considerably improved in the new
yafaray.
Of course, that may not be the purpose if you are a
student doing a thesis or something, I wouldn't know,
never been a student myself.

Anyway, try posting on the yafray forums if you have't
done so already, or otherwise try to send a PM to Lynx
there. Maybe that will get his attention.
I don't think he is a member of this (very old)
mailing list, not sure though.

Regards,
Alfredo "Eeshlo" de Greef

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha! Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for
today's economy) at Yahoo! Games.