ada-mode-users

Re: 3.2 Selecting projects -- So, how do I select projects?

From: Simon Wright
Subject: Re: 3.2 Selecting projects -- So, how do I select projects?
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 18:07:11 +0000

On 11 Nov 2023, at 21:27, Left Right <olegsivokon@gmail.com> wrote:

So... how was this intended to work?

For a simple project, without environment variables and without casing requirements (though typing Ada.Text_IO properly gets tiresome quickly!) I’d just use a .gpr file.

For something more complicated, I might put something like this in the root directory of the project (i.e. next to the .gpr file, which does almost all the work):

   # ews.prj
   gpr_file=ews.gpr
   casing=$HOME/.emacs_case_exceptions
   $LIBRARY_TYPE=static

and then in the Emacs menu bar (this is a Mac), having selected an Ada source (probably one of the project’s!)

   Ada > Project files > Find and select project ...