[Audio-video] Introducing myself

From: stib
Subject: [Audio-video] Introducing myself
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:08:12 +1100

Hi, I just joined the list.

I'm a video editor and animator (among other things), I work as the in house
video department for Museum Victoria, Australia's largest museum.

My secret mission at work is to wean the museum IT dept from its rather
unhealthy and almost exclusive dependance on Microsoft products and to
demonstrate the advantages of adopting open and standards-compliant
technologies.

Another project I am working on is to develop techniques using media formats
and technologies for video and audio archival purposes, with an eye to the
large and almost completely uncatalogued collection of video material -  mostly
on ageing analogue tapes - that I inherited when I started working at the
museum.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

Stephen Dixon