[Audio-video] Hi

From: Niels Serup
Subject: [Audio-video] Hi
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 16:37:51 +0200

Hi, I'm now part of this list.

For some time I have been creating small films (2min -- 35min, mostly
stop-motion and nature films) for the fun of it, and this film making
has forced me to learn how to edit and encode video files. I have been
encoding videos to Theora (with Vorbis) for a while and have recently
begun tinkering with WebM. I also have experience in implementing videos
on webpages with the HTML5 video tag.

I'm relatively used to ffmpeg and have worked with Kdenlive and PiTiVi.

I (naturally) think that it would be nice if videos in non-free video
formats were freed. I also care about spreading the idea of copylefting
films, sound, and pictures.

I'm mostly interested in the technical details concerning films and the
production of films. I don't care much about the artistic possibilities.

I have embedded most of my films on my website using the HTML5 video
tag; see http://films.metanohi.org and http://nature.metanohi.org if
you're interested.

-----
Niels