Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken wiki vandalized yet again

From: elf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken wiki vandalized yet again
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 07:35:13 -0500 (EST)

i dont know if this has been suggested yet, or if its already implemented,
cause i havent set up a wiki account myself... but do you do mailback
validation for creating accounts?

another fairly simple solution (although the one a few posts ago regarding
simple questions was brilliant, imho) would be to have someone manually
verify accounts before theyre given edit privs, or something suchlike.
i would imagine that most of the legitimate posters would already be
signed up for the mailing lists, or would have mailed felix or others
in the past, so it wouldnt be a major time investment, i would think...

-elf