Re: [chicken-users] silex GPL-2 licensed?

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [chicken-users] silex GPL-2 licensed?
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 00:44:48 -0400

Jim Ursetto scripsit:

> What about the fp egg--which uses silex to generate scheme code from
> a lexer spec--and links it directly into the resulting binary?
>
> Note that this scheme code (fp.l.scm) contains not only tables generated
> by silex, but also a verbatim chunk of 1,120 lines of code from silex.scm.
>
> Does this mean fp is now GPL?

Yes, it is, or rather it would be if the copy of silex.scm in the silex egg
were under
the GPL.  But it is not; there is neither copyright nor license anywhere on it.
As I said before, it is "use at your own risk."

(Legally, the status of a particular copy with regard to a license does not
affect
other copies with different licenses or no license at all.)

--
We pledge allegiance to the penguin             John Cowan
and to the intellectual property regime         address@hidden