Re: [Chicken-users] IDE for Beginners

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] IDE for Beginners
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2014 09:34:56 +0100

mfv <address@hidden> writes:

> I reproduced the result multiple times, with ST2/R freezing each time. And
> yes, the freezing occured after loading the csv file with
>
> (define csvblob (read-lines "csvtesteng.csv")).
>
> and accessing it with something like
>
> (car csvblob).
>
> CSI, when run from the command prompt, has no problems with these commands
> and is completely responsive (ergo, it works as it should).

Ok, that's been ruled out then. I have to admit that I always resort to
emacs when coding on windows regardless of the programming language. So
I'd also use emacs for chicken on windows.

This has also been discussed on SO

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/304815/scheme-ide-for-windows

I have to admit that for the whole IDE experience DrRacket is superior
to any other Scheme wrt IDE and tool integration on windows.

But emacs ain't that bad ;)

Cheers,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.