Re: [Chicken-users] IDE for Beginners

From: Dan Leslie
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] IDE for Beginners
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 15:53:16 -0800

Hi Nathan!

I've been following this thread but haven't had a chance to jump in until now.

SLIME support is sort of broken, at best, on newer Emacs. I tried getting it limping back along but I think you'll find it lacking.

I wrote a package for Emacs that can be installed via MELPA and other Emacs package repositories; IIRC, it is installable with a basic Emacs installation via running `M-x package-install` and installing the `chicken-scheme` package. This provides auto-complete for core chicken and any eggs you have installed, as well as chicken-doc documentation provided that you have chicken-doc installed and configured.

At present, I am working on Geiser integration for Chicken Scheme that, once completed, will be far superior to what is presently available for Chicken on newer Emacs. Keep an eye on this list; once it's done I'll send an announcement.

-Dan