Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-announce] CHICKEN 4.10.0 release candidate

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-announce] CHICKEN 4.10.0 release candidate 1 available
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 12:57:18 -0400

Peter Bex scripsit:

> I tried digging in, but I hit a wall as soon as I tried gdb on a
> basic csi session: it fails right at the start, in C_toplevel:
> it looks like the toplevel_trampoline argument it passes to
> C_reclaim (a function pointer) already gets mangled.  This might
> be a problem with casting function pointers to C_word *.

Indeed, since that's undefined behavior in ISO C, we can expect support
for it to rot in existing compilers and to be downright absent in future
compilers, as C compiler writers more and more exploit their freedom to
miscompile technically undefined programs in order to speed up defined ones.

See <http://blog.regehr.org/archives/1180> for more on this.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
Mr. Henry James writes fiction as if it were a painful duty.  --Oscar Wilde