Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-announce] CHICKEN 4.10.0 release candidate

From: Jörg F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [Chicken-announce] CHICKEN 4.10.0 release candidate 1 available
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 18:27:57 +0200

Am 14.06.2015 um 17:03 schrieb Peter Bex:

>> Also there's something strange going on - I observe object references
>> being mixed up.  (Though this could be an unrelated bug, it never
>> happened in the past couple of years.)
>
> Can you make a program that can reproduce these problems?

Fixed.

This was not a chicken bug.  It was a chicken feature.  A chicken
feature becoming better that is.

The code was originally written and tested without types.  Then type
declarations where added.  Both stages working for several months.  Then
new chicken took -strict-types stricter and removed "unreachable" code
which was pretty much needed after all.

/Jörg