Re: [Chicken-users] how to debug a segfault?

From: megane
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] how to debug a segfault?
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 08:44:47 +0300

Marco Maggi <address@hidden> writes:

> Ciao,
>
>   I am getting  a segmentation fault when I compile  with "-O5" a shared
> library   and    its   test   programs   with    "-O5"   (CHICKEN   5.1,
> x86_64-pc-linux-gnu).   I need  some  directions on  how  to debug  this
> problem.  I am compiling with:
>
>    -k -O5 -C -g

Hi Marco!

You could try replacing -O5 with these:

  -optimize-leaf-routines -block -inline -lfa2 -inline-global -specialize
  -unsafe -disable-interrupts -clustering

These are the -O5 options with -no-trace and -no-lambda-info removed.

You can find the options for each optimization level in here:
http://wiki.call-cc.org/man/5/Using%20the%20compiler.