dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] PHP Extension wont compile

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] PHP Extension wont compile
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:26:30 +0100

John Croucher wrote:
> checking for dazuko support... yes, shared checking for dazuko files in
> default path... found in /usr/include checking for dazukoRegister in
> -ldazuko... no
> configure: error: wrong dazuko lib version or lib not found
> `/usr/home/johnc/dazuko-0.42/configure' failed

You will need to investigate what the configure script is doing here and
why it is not able to find the dazuko library.

I recommend adding "set -x" as the second line of the "configure" script
(in the dazuko-0.42) directory so that you can see what the script is
doing. You'll need to trace what exactly leads to the failure.

Using "pear build" will overwrite the "configure" script each time. So I
recommend running "pear build" once (to generate the configure script),
then go into the "dazuko-0.42" directory and add "set -x" as the second
line of the the "configure" script. Then run "configure" manually:

./configure

It will generate a lot of output, so you may want to dump it to a file
for easier investigation:

./configure > output 2>&1

If you find the problem, please let me know. I would be happy to adjust
the README to explain possible pitfalls. (If a fix for the dazuko-0.42
package is needed, you'll need to contact the PHP-binding maintainer.)

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer