Re: [Denemo-devel] Changing Notehead size

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Changing Notehead size
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 08:08:55 +0100

On Sat, 2019-06-01 at 22:36 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> test1.denemo
>
> has 4 crotchets. The third of which has its size changed, but I
> cannot
> change it back
>
> The LilyPond indicates that the size has been tweaked twice. I
> changed
> its size to -4 then "back" to 0
If you open your test1.denemo file and put the cursor on the third
crotchet and double click then the Object Inspector tells you that it
has a Note Head Size directive attached, and that the tweak is to size
#-4 thus:
The cursor is on a one-note chord.
This note starts 2 𝅘𝅥  's into the measure and lasts 1 𝅘𝅥 's.
The LilyPond syntax generated is: "  \tweak  font-size #-4 e  '  4"

(this is for the case where the cursor height is away from the note
height, you get more detailed information about the note when actually
at the note height)

And it does appear in the Print View with a reduced size. If you step
to the next note you see:

The cursor is on a one-note chord.
This note starts 3 𝅘𝅥  's into the measure and lasts 1 𝅘𝅥 's.
The LilyPond syntax generated is: "  \tweak  font-size #0 d  '  4"

And this one has the normal sized note head. So what has happened is
that you applied the tweak to one note and then tried to set it to zero
with the cursor on another note.

> The object editor implies I can delete the change of size but then
> stubbornly refuses to oblige!

If you have the cursor on the right note it does delete the tweak
correctly. If the cursor is not on the actual note height when you run
the Object Inspector you are inspecting the chord and need to choose
"Inspect the Note" button to see what's attached to the note; in the
Object Editor you need to choose "edit the note" button to edit the
directive attached to the note - that has a delete option which is
working fine. All that these buttons do is to move the cursor onto the
note height.

HTH