Re: ai_flags in calls to getaddrinfo, broader call for reproducibility c

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: ai_flags in calls to getaddrinfo, broader call for reproducibility check
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 13:49:13 +0100

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a Windows VM, but it doesnʼt currently have any dev tools
> installed. I think Eli is more worried about a year down the line when
> something breaks.

Do you mean the MSYS2 stuff?  I wrote up a recipe when I installed my
VM; you can copy/paste from here.  :-)

https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2020/12/24/building-the-development-version-of-emacs-on-windows-mingw-edition/

> I suppose if we made the change conditional on some variable as Stefan
> suggested, default enable, then people could always get back the
> previous behaviour by disabling it. I dislike that idea because itʼs
> more work, but perhaps itʼs necessary here.

I tried your patch, and it worked fine for me (using `dns-query' as the
test case).  I don't really see the need for a variable here, either.