Re: ai_flags in calls to getaddrinfo, broader call for reproducibility c

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ai_flags in calls to getaddrinfo, broader call for reproducibility check
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 17:01:53 +0200

> From: Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com>
> Cc: rtt@dasyatidae.com,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 21:56:57 +0100
>
> > Tell me what to try, and I will show the results.  TIA.
>
> Iʼve lost track of which tests were failing, but something like
> following. And if the 'dns-query' calls succeed but the
> network-lookup-address-info ones fail then we have a really messed up
> situation.

You assume that a TCP connection to the DNS server there will succeed?
It doesn't, at least judging by the error message (dns.el has no debug
facilities, so it's hard to know better).

So I think I will now stop wasting your time, and just give up on
having these tests avoid false negatives.

But before I go!  I guess at least one of the 2 offending tests,
i.e. this one:

  (ert-deftest lookup-family-specification ()
    "`network-lookup-address-info' should only accept valid family symbols."
    (skip-unless (not (getenv "EMACS_HYDRA_CI")))
    (with-timeout (60 (ert-fail "Test timed out"))
    (should-error (network-lookup-address-info "google.com" 'both))
    (should (network-lookup-address-info "google.com" 'ipv4))
    (when (featurep 'make-network-process '(:family ipv6))
      (should (network-lookup-address-info "google.com" 'ipv6)))))

could use "localhost" instead of google.com, since it only tests the
input validity?