Re: Lift {global,local}-key-binding to Lisp

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: Lift {global,local}-key-binding to Lisp
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 21:03:06 +0000

Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:

[...]

> Emacs will be around in 40-50 years still, and we should maintain it
> with that in mind.  Every time we make code more readable and
> maintainable, we make our life easier in the long run.  Yes, at the
> minor price of actually making the change.

+1

IMO if the rework is an improvement (I think it is) should go in.  Yes
someone will have to re-learn where those functions are but that's what
cooperative work looks like.

The argument that the same time could be invested in more effective
develoment is perhaps valid but ortogonal.

My 2 cents :)

  Andrea