Re: Lift {global,local}-key-binding to Lisp

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Lift {global,local}-key-binding to Lisp
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2021 09:45:57 +0200

> From: Andrea Corallo <akrl@sdf.org>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>, emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 21:03:06 +0000
>
> +1
>
> IMO if the rework is an improvement (I think it is) should go in.

How is it an improvement?  It doesn't even qualify as refactoring,
because the code was rewritten almost verbatim in Lisp.

> Yes someone will have to re-learn where those functions are but
> that's what cooperative work looks like.

Cooperation is a two-way street, you know.  The above seems to assume
it's a one-way street: I'm being asked to cooperate, but others don't
have to feel obliged.  Doesn't strike me as fair deal.