Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Re: policy discussion on bundling ELPA packages in the

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Re: policy discussion on bundling ELPA packages in the emacs tarball
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 16:44:43 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Cc: Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@russet.org.uk>,  Eli Zaretskii
>  <eliz@gnu.org>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 15:39:27 -0500
>
> I think we'll only want to bundle a few specific packages, and I think
> it might be simpler to keep a copy of those specific packages in
> emacs.git

Does this mean you are backing up from the consensus of using
submodules?

> (in the form of branches, of course: we want to be able to
> easily sync those copies with the ones in elpa.git).

What does it mean "to keep a copy of a package in the form of
branches"?  Can you describe the series of Git commands needed to
import such a copy into the Emacs Git repository, and what needs to be
done to routinely update such a copy from ELPA?