Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Re: policy discussion on bundling ELPA packages in the

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [SPAM UNSURE] Re: policy discussion on bundling ELPA packages in the emacs tarball
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 12:57:17 -0500

> So when the upstream repository in elpa.git gets new commits, that
> someone will have to do that again?

Yes, we'll need to sync them every once in a while.

The same would be true if we wanted to use the `elpa.git` repository
directly: we'd need to use a separate "ada-mode for Emacs" branch (call
it `emacs/ada-mode`, placed alongside `externals/ada-mode`) in order to
have control over when it gets updated, independently from the main
development of ada-mode.

        Stefan